Thursday, March 13, 2008

The One where Jasmine was Tagged "It"

I've been tagged by Serena Grace. Check out her work. She is amazing! And she's getting married next month too so please send your warm well wishes and prayers her way.

What was I doing 10 years ago?

  • Wow, ten years seems like a long time. I'm almost up for my ten-year high school reunion. In 1998, I was a junior in high school... doing just about every available extracurricular activity I could fit into my schedule. Guess some things never change. Once a busybody, always a busybody.
Things On My To Do list:

to do lists
  • My to-do lists never seem to shrink or completely go away so it makes me shudder to think what I actually have to do in the next month or so. But here are some of the major things:
    • Tons of wedding stuff (invitations, find a day-of coordinator that doesn't cost a fortune, etc etc etc... and the list goes on)
    • Pack and move for the 9th time in about 9 years. Needless to say, I don't exactly have the best feelings towards moving, but I am happy that this time it's moving into our first home for Adam and I. Oh and packing means unpacking as well. bah.
    • Garage sale to sell/get rid of my useless junk before packing/moving
    • Jury duty over break. Not fun.
    • Stuff,
    • Stuff I probably am not aware of at this moment...
    • And more stuff
    • Get married in July :)
Bad Habits
  • I'm naturally a night owl. I feel most productive late afternoon-late night. :) I despise mornings the way cats despise water.
  • I have a tendency to not put a book down once I get into it, which leads to staying up til 4am finishing books because I wanted to read "one more chapter." Which is why I often don't read books, but read magazines and blogs instead. The difference being that the latter does not lead to sleep deprivation.
  • I'm a pile-r. What appears to be disarray to the outside eye is actually organized chaos for me. Ask me where something is, I can more often than not find it and know in which pile it happens to be in.
Places I have Lived
  • South Dakota (until I was 6. Random. I know)
  • Los Angeles
  • San Diego (my true home)
profile picture
Things Most People Don’t Know About Me
  • I know my roommate, Richard, really loves this one: I fall asleep on my couch sometimes more than I do on my bed. I stubbornly believe that when I curl up in the corner of my couch with my nice, soft blanket and close my eyes, that I will actually NOT fall asleep because I am just "resting my eyes." However, I'd say a majority (not EVERY) of the time, I fall asleep and then Richard and/or Adam has to wake me up to go to bed.
  • I have an eclectic taste in music, but it's definitely an integral part of my soul. Being so, I'm pretty good at remembering lyrics. It always catches me off guard when I hear a song after years and years and I can sing along to it in my head.
  • I love home-cooked Chinese food. A lot. I often crave it as comfort food.
  • Lastly, I'm pretty damn good at Wheel of Fortune (and word games). Too bad it's not something I can put on a resume.
I tag you!

On a different note...

I'm slowly trying to re-emerge from underneath the madness that has been this past month. With report cards, parent/teacher conferences, getting a pink slip because of proposed education cuts in the state of California, having a student teacher, and just life in general, I praise God that I'm still reasonably sane at this point. I'll be on Spring Break (finally) next week so I'm excited to just be able to catch up on rest, but also get some wedding stuff done. I would really love to just be able to sleep for a week and not move off the couch for a couple days.

14 comments:

Ann said...

Jasmine! OMGoodness - you ARE a busy woman. I hope you're able to at least take a single day to yourself next week. I loved getting to learn a little bit more about you! I have a friend from church who is a great day-of wedding coordinator and is slowly getting her own business started. Let me know if you'd like to have her phone number. -Ann

Anonymous said...

you have jury duty too?! i just had mine and served on a jury panel for 5 days. it was awful timing b/c i'm sooo busy right now, but turned out to be pretty interesting in terms of seeing how our justice system works!

good luck with everything!

Unknown said...

you are busy how's the to do list going?

Mark Brooke Photographers said...

man, has it really been 10 years since we all graduated!...yeap! crazzy!

Melissa Koehler said...

Oooo a tag.... I am so not good at these things but I will try :)
-I am a night owl too which doesn't make it easy to get up in the morning :)
Yeah for San Diego and Spring Break. Relax, you deserve it!

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

haha jasmine, i hate hate hate mornings too! i'm up late at night till 3 am sometimes, just to hear that evil alarm clock at 5:30. ugh. hope to see you at wppi!!

AHS Photography said...

Hi Jasmine! I don't see an email contact on here for you so please email me- I have the perfect day of coordinator for you! You will adore her!
~Amy
info@ahsphotography.com

Anonymous said...

I loved reading your "tagged" entry. I just posted mine. Woo! :)

Kat said...

Wow! Sounds like you are a busy woman! (I can relate :) I hope that all goes well for you, in all that you have going on and that the LORD keeps all the stress and anxiety at bay. This is a trust exercise between you and Him and I hope that it grows your relationship more than you thought possible. :) Keep smiling Sister--

Rachel Brooke said...

I got tagged! Yikes, I will try have to post my deepest darkest secrets. I liked reading about you....I claim to simply "rest my eyes" too...doesn't quite work like that, does it? :)

Amelia . Lyon said...

i LOOOOOOOVE falling asleep on the couch! So crazy that it is my favorite place to fall asleep too! In fact, as I type this on my couch I'm getting kind of sleepy and have no intention of going straight to my bed.

Laura said...

Hey Jasmine,
Just dropping by, thanks for commenting on my blog!! Wow Jasmine Starr very cool, was it a workshop?
I see your a teacher, more power to ya! You can def. do the part time wedding photographer and teaching thing at the same time! I am also a high school art teacher!
Good luck and keep in contact
-Laura

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

"i wanna easter egg! i wanna easter egg! i wanna easter egg!!"
happy easter to you and your ohana jasmine!

Nat said...

Great facts! I enjoyed reading it!