What was I doing 10 years ago?
- Wow, ten years seems like a long time. I'm almost up for my ten-year high school reunion. In 1998, I was a junior in high school... doing just about every available extracurricular activity I could fit into my schedule. Guess some things never change. Once a busybody, always a busybody.
- My to-do lists never seem to shrink or completely go away so it makes me shudder to think what I actually have to do in the next month or so. But here are some of the major things:
- Tons of wedding stuff (invitations, find a day-of coordinator that doesn't cost a fortune, etc etc etc... and the list goes on)
- Pack and move for the 9th time in about 9 years. Needless to say, I don't exactly have the best feelings towards moving, but I am happy that this time it's moving into our first home for Adam and I. Oh and packing means unpacking as well. bah.
- Garage sale to sell/get rid of my useless junk before packing/moving
- Jury duty over break. Not fun.
- Stuff I probably am not aware of at this moment...
- And more stuff
- Get married in July :)
- I'm naturally a night owl. I feel most productive late afternoon-late night. :) I despise mornings the way cats despise water.
- I have a tendency to not put a book down once I get into it, which leads to staying up til 4am finishing books because I wanted to read "one more chapter." Which is why I often don't read books, but read magazines and blogs instead. The difference being that the latter does not lead to sleep deprivation.
- I'm a pile-r. What appears to be disarray to the outside eye is actually organized chaos for me. Ask me where something is, I can more often than not find it and know in which pile it happens to be in.
- South Dakota (until I was 6. Random. I know)
- Los Angeles
- San Diego (my true home)
Things Most People Don’t Know About Me
- I know my roommate, Richard, really loves this one: I fall asleep on my couch sometimes more than I do on my bed. I stubbornly believe that when I curl up in the corner of my couch with my nice, soft blanket and close my eyes, that I will actually NOT fall asleep because I am just "resting my eyes." However, I'd say a majority (not EVERY) of the time, I fall asleep and then Richard and/or Adam has to wake me up to go to bed.
- I have an eclectic taste in music, but it's definitely an integral part of my soul. Being so, I'm pretty good at remembering lyrics. It always catches me off guard when I hear a song after years and years and I can sing along to it in my head.
- I love home-cooked Chinese food. A lot. I often crave it as comfort food.
- Lastly, I'm pretty damn good at Wheel of Fortune (and word games). Too bad it's not something I can put on a resume.
- Kevin Tsang
- Daniel Galang
- Amanda Fales Shaw
- All Narfed Up
- David & Kimi Baxter
- Rachel Brooke
- Gabriel Ryan
- Melissa Koehler
On a different note...
I'm slowly trying to re-emerge from underneath the madness that has been this past month. With report cards, parent/teacher conferences, getting a pink slip because of proposed education cuts in the state of California, having a student teacher, and just life in general, I praise God that I'm still reasonably sane at this point. I'll be on Spring Break (finally) next week so I'm excited to just be able to catch up on rest, but also get some wedding stuff done. I would really love to just be able to sleep for a week and not move off the couch for a couple days.