Saturday, January 12, 2008

The One with New Year's Day Brunch & Food Photography

On New Year's Day, we had a lovely brunch with Mike and Kelly, her family and her family friends. We all helped out in the kitchen and the food was so yummy!

I also had an opportunity at "food photography" and took some shots of the delicious food. Pulled out my 50mm to get some super sharp pictures. I love how the shots came out and definitely need to use that lens more often. (And perhaps, prepare myself for the 85mm I hope to buy myself eventually?!) Also, I had Richard's flash. Again, rocked my world as a photographer that day. My next photog purchase will definitely be a flash.

IMG_0120IMG_0121
A super yummy fruit salad made by Dawn. I just LOVED the colors in this salad. It was topped with a lemon/yogurt mix that was to die for!

IMG_0125
One more shot of the fruit salad. The colors just pop!

IMG_0122IMG_0127IMG_0128
Kelly's mom made a yummy frittata (sp?). And isn't the plate amazing?! It's like a piece of art.

IMG_0130IMG_0124
I REALLY loved this quesadilla that Kelly's mom made. It was garnished with this salsa that was yum-o!

There was also this great cabbage dish that the Moroch's brought over that was really tasty. Wish I had got a shot of that too.

What a delightful brunch!

Some shots of the PEOPLE that actually were at the brunch other than the food.

IMG_0126IMG_0139
The amazing chef herself!

IMG_0145
Kelly sharing her wedding album with her family friend. Her wedding album was so beautiful.

IMG_0144
Mike and Putter.

Come back for my first real attempt at pet photography soon!

1 comment:

~kelly marie~ said...

Your food photography is straight out of Bon Appetit!