Friday, October 10, 2008

The One with the New Camera, Canon 5D!

I have long outgrown my camera. Those of you who have shot with me know just how much I complain about my camera. It drives me crazy! I just want to chuck it out the window! And I really did want to throw it at the wall a couple of times. It's been acting up on me the last couple of months and just kind of stalling/freezing like a computer would.

Probably doesn't help that when you hold a high amount of disdain directed toward your gadgets, they tend to KNOW and then behave even worse than before. Don't believe me? Try it out. Go ahead, tell your computer how much you hate it and just watch how it responds this next week. And then come back and proceed to me about how much I am right. Now, of course, if you have a Mac like me, it definitely will not work because of all the LOVE you feel towards it. :)

Back to the subject at hand, I have wanted a new camera for YEARS now. Fortunately, Adam and I have been married for over three months now and are no longer financially feeding the money-hungry creature we call a "wedding." Which means, extra moo-lah for Jasmine's gadgets!

Being the less frugal, bigger spender of the two of us, I could easily spend all our savings on gadgets galore. iPhone? Yup. New 50 1.2 lens? YES. Mac desktop? Oh yeah. However, there are more important things to spend money on, like paying off our debt and keeping ourselves away the perils that we call the "American Economy." So in my mind, there wasn't going to be a new camera coming my way for awhile.

Lucky for me though, Nate and Jaclyn of The Image is Found had a huge sale of all their Canon equipment. (Unluckily that they are switching back to Nikon, but that's a discussion for another day.) It was an opportunity that could not be passed on, so after running it by the hubby... I purchased it! It's used, but like Wayne said, it has really good mojo on it. :)

And it arrived this week in all it's Canon glory...

Canon5D01.jpg

Canon5D02.jpg

Canon5D03.jpg

Canon5D04.jpg


I've been playing with it the last couple of days and it's been AMAZING. I am such a blessed gal. It is absolutely a pleasure to use. And I get to try it out this weekend with Melissa Koehler. Can't wait!

15 comments:

MM said...

oooh its soooo perty!!! :)

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

wahoo!!! go jas!

Hanssie said...

Yay! Lucky you. I sooo want a new camera...I have feelings of hatred (I mean LOVE if you are reading this, my little camera) toward it ALL the time.

Eddie Bojorquez (Studio 512) said...

Stoked for you! Definitely good mojo.
-E : D

Dawn Gioia Photography said...

Congratulations!!!! You are going to love it!

AHS Photography said...

yaaaa! its gonna change your life!-Aaron

Anonymous said...

Jasmine Im so excited for yoU!! And that thing definitely has some fierce mojo. Cant wait to see what you do with it!

~kelly marie~ said...

So pretty!!!! I can't wait to see the beautiful images that you create with it :).

Catie Ronquillo said...

Congrats! That's awesome.. definitely has some good karma coming from the image is found!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jasmine! How exciting!! :)

Enoch Photography said...

U R Blessed! Congrats!

Lucia Photography said...

awesome! I just got one too. Did you get the motor drive with it?

Anonymous said...

you got the 5D from Image is Found!! Wow! Congrats!

Cindy - orangeturtleblog.com

Anonymous said...

This camera is my favorite!!! Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

i know exactly how you feel...i just picked up my 5d and i couldn't be happier. it's world apart from my 30d...which let me down on my first shoot w/ it. although i'd been shooting street/documentary work with it and loved it, it definitely wasn't good for engagement shoots!