Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The One with Sandy & Dave's Wedding

I am a firm believer that God is a masterful planner. He really has a way with weaving together the sweetest love stories. I can't wait to go to Heaven someday and go back and look at the intricacies of my own life because I am thoroughly enjoying the love story He's written for Adam and I.

Sandy and Dave were destined to meet and fall in love. They went to the same high school and didn't meet again until years later. They were surprised to know that God had made their paths cross again, this time in His perfect timing.

Their wedding was held at the El Cajon Seventh-Day Adventist Church. It has a beautiful sanctuary in a circular building with tall ceilings. Daniel and Kevin came along to help me and I couldn't have done it with my boys backing me up.

Blog_SandyDave004 copy.jpg

Blog_SandyDave005 copy.jpg

Blog_SandyDave007 copy.jpg

Blog_SandyDave008 copy.jpg

Blog_SandyDave006 copy.jpg
Sandy had a beautiful vintage wedding gown. I love vintage dresses!

Blog_SandyDave002 copy.jpg

Blog_SandyDave003 copy.jpg

Blog_SandyDave012 copy.jpg
Sandy was so easy to photograph because she was constantly smiling all day long. A happy bride is a smiling one!

And because no post of Jasmine's is without kiddies... here are some of my fave kid shots.

Blog_SandyDave009 copy.jpg
This cutie just shone so brightly all day - she smiles from ear to ear!

Blog_SandyDave010 copy.jpg
And then when she put on her flower girl dress, she just kept twirling in it.

Blog_SandyDave011 copy.jpg
Another flower girl getting her hair done. I love the little delicate flowers.

Blog_SandyDave013 copy.jpg
The bible bearer. Look at those eyes!

This wedding was definitely a community effort. You just knew that Sandy and Dave were deeply loved by their friends and family because of how much time and effort they put into making this day a special one for them. I love this shot of a fruit plate that they made! Not bought... MADE!
Blog_SandyDave001 copy.jpg

Blog_SandyDave014 copy.jpg

Blog_SandyDave015 copy.jpg

Blog_SandyDave016 copy.jpg

Blog_SandyDave017 copy.jpg
I had showed her my LCD earlier that day and from then on, she wanted to see the photos of herself! Not exactly the best thing to happen during a ceremony.

Blog_SandyDave018 copy.jpg

Blog_SandyDave019 copy.jpg

Blog_SandyDave020 copy.jpg

Blog_SandyDave021 copy.jpg

Blog_SandyDave022 copy.jpg

Blog_SandyDave023 copy.jpg

Blog_SandyDave024 copy.jpg

Blog_SandyDave025 copy.jpg

Blog_SandyDave026 copy.jpg

Blog_SandyDave027 copy.jpg
Their super yummy cake... I could have eaten five slices, easily.

Sandy and Dave, I hope that your move to Arizona was a smooth one. Thank you for having us come out to capture your wedding day. We wish you many years full of God's blessings!

7 comments:

Bryan Villarin said...

You've gone from second and/or third photographer to the main one. If I like photographing weddings, I hope I get to that point on a full-time basis.

I'm proud of you. Congrats!

MM said...

Great job Jas! Congrats on getting through your first wedding! You rock!

Enoch Photography said...

Great job and congrats on the 1st one! //enoch

~kelly marie~ said...

Great photos, Jasmine!! I love the one of her walking down the aisle. I can't wait to see the next wedding you shoot!

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

beautiful job jasmine!!! awesome for your first one!!!

Brandon Williams said...

Awesome images!

Lisa Gisczinski Photography said...

Jasmine! Your work keeps getting better and better. I am SOOO happy for you!